Faith-Based Investing Advisory Council

View Only
  • 1.  Faith MOnth

Posted 06-16-2023 08:59

Given the noise from the LBGT crowd and from many of us who have expressed concerns about CIR advocating rather than observing these alternative social and cultural groups, I recently spoke with both Colleen Bell and Tammy Robbins senior and mid-level management at Cambridge, on the subject.

They were both very open and heartfelt about the firm's distinction between open advocacy and simple observation of these alternative communities. I asked about similar contrasts for the Faith Based Community - a community of Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Moslems, TM, Hindus, etc. They told me that CIR is exploring this interest.

I suggest that each of us email them with a simple statement of our views.

Express these as you see fit. Be brief and to the point. 

Here are my thoughts. Use them as you wish:

1. People of faith represent the largest single group of Americans today.
    2. We hold many faiths and beliefs. 
    3. We all agree upon certain facts: God is central in our lives; many clients want to put their money where their faith is; prayer is communing with God.
    4. Inspire and Kingdom are B/Ds that have put faith into their business principles. We suggest it be an observation expressed by Cambridge rather than an advocacy.
    5. I suggest they consider an annual Prayer Month, Faith Month or Giving Month - call it what you will. 
    6. We are a rainbow coalition of God-fearing folk who want to further the Best Interests of Clients in a prayerful manner.
    7. We welcome participation from all CIR employees and registered representatives.
    8. God Bless!

Perhaps at the next online meeting here we discuss this in more detail, listening to everyone's views and trying to find comity. I'd be glad to lead such a discussion.

Thank you,

John

------------------------------
    John Graves
    The Renaissance Group, LLC
    Managing Member, Principal
    AIF, CLU, ChFC
    john.graves@rengroupllc.com
    805-216-2268
    Ventura, CA
    ------------------------------